Living Simply with Children: A Voluntary Simplicity Guide for Moms, Dads, and Kids Who Want to Reclaim the Bliss of Childhood and the Joy of Parenting
Raising children ranks as one of life's most rewarding adventures. Yet between Mom and Dad working full-time jobs, endless carpooling of overscheduled youngsters, and the never-ending pressures to buy and consume, family life can be incredibly -needlessly- complex. What if you could find a way to spend more time with your children, replace unnecessary activities with meaningful ones, and teach your children an invaluable life lesson in the process? Living Simply with Children offers a realistic blueprint for zeroing in on the pleasures of family life:
- How (and why) to live simply and find more time to be with your children
- Activities and rituals that bring out the best in every family member
- Realistic ways to reclaim your children from corporate America
- Helping children of any age deal with peer pressure
- Raising kids who care about people and the planet
- How to focus on the "good stuff"... with less stuff
Including sections on limiting television, environmentally friendly practices, celebrating the holidays, and tapping into the growing community of families who embrace simplicity, this inspiring guide will show you how to raise children according to your own values - and not those of the consumer culture - as you enjoy both quality and quantity time with your family.
About the Author
MARIE SHERLOCK writes for a variety of magazines, including Family Circle and Your Money, and United Parenting Publications. She has been living the simple, good life in Oregon with her husband and two children for more than ten years.